Phil Steele’s In Season Big Ten Projection
Phil Steele never shies away from predictions or projections. His magazine is full of such things each June when its released.
On Thursday he released his ‘rest of the year’ conference projections. For leagues like the Big Ten and Big 12, where they have yet to play a conference game, it’s all the more interesting.
Steele is not high on the Hawkeyes..nor the Wolverines. Here is what he is calling for the 2012 Big Ten regular season with three games worth of data to use:
1. Purdue (7-1): Looks like my Leaders Darkhorse isn’t so dark anymore. Whatever that means.
2. Ohio State (6-2)
3. Wisconsin (4-4): Bucky may start a walk on freshman quarterback this week
4. Illinois (3-5)
5. Penn State (1-7): This is how I pegged the Nits back in August
6. Indiana (1-7): Their one win? Against Iowa.
1. Nebraska (8-0): The team who allowed more than 600 yards to a young UCLA offense?
2. Michigan State (7-1): More offensive problems than I imagined
3. Northwestern (5-3): 3-0 start and things are looking good for the Cats
4. Michigan (4-4): If Michigan loses to Notre Dame, Steele thinks they’ll be 6-6
5. Iowa (2-6): Wins against Minnesota and Penn State
6. Minnesota (0-8)
What do you think? Where do you think Steele gets it right and/or where do you disagree?